Volunteers of the Year!
At the West Baton Rouge Museum, we love our volunteers and greatly appreciate their help. We celebrate their tremendous accomplishments by hosting our annual Volunteer Appreciation Party, and each year we present awards to a Volunteer of the Year and a Youth Volunteer of the Year. These are the helpers that have gone the extra mile to work for and with the museum!
The 2020 Volunteer of the Year is Ms. Aundrea Flynn. She has spent countless hours working with our Blues After School Program--recruiting participants, bringing snacks and Christmas bags, and putting together a book, Juke Joint Juniors, with pictures and memories of the program's first year.
The 2020 Youth Volunteer of the year is Ms. Annie Bates. Annie was our summer intern in 2019 and continued to volunteer with us throughout 2020 (whenever possible). She often takes pictures of our events, and has done work in the curatorial department with both the general collection and the oral history collection. Most notably, she filmed an edited an instructional video, starring our very own Sweetie-Pie.
Congratulations to 2020's Volunteers of the Year, and a big thank you to all of our volunteers!
The West Baton Rouge Museum is committed to maintaining a corps of volunteers who enjoy their time spent and the duties they perform for the benefit of the museum. If any of the volunteer descriptions on this page interest you, please contact Amanda Moak at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 225-336-2422 ext. 211, or fill out this form.
- Trains with official tour manual
- Leads guests on guided tour of campus--including all 8 buildings
- Remains up-to-date on rotating exhibits and video technology
- Packaged Tour Guide
- Is aware of various package tours offered by the museum
- Trains in the stations offered for each tour, eventually leading one’s own station
- Front Desk Attendant
- Welcomes and checks in guests
- Comfortably uses an iPad to tender money
- Answers phones and signs up those interested in workshops
- Single Event Volunteer
- Volunteers for one-time museum events
- Is punctual and dependable
- Completes their received task to museum satisfaction